I’ve been working on this idea of roots, using the cube and square root pages in the old math text. I thought I’d layer some leaf prints in acrylic and then add some embroidered elements.

Roots - phase one

Given the fact that there are only three of these pages, I was a little worried that I’d totally screw it all up, but I made the decision that I just had to go for it. The prints went pretty well. Some parts I like better than others.

I’ve added some tendrils to the bottom and sides of the oak leaf piece. I have to step away from it for a while, because I think I’m over-thinking it (and I know this isn’t the best photo). It feels like it’s missing something, I just haven’t figured out what yet. Of course, I have another idea for the maple leaf. I don’t think I can ever have just one thing going on in my mind at once.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • See my photos See my photos
  • RSS feed RSS feed
gentleweight.comthe rank way